Image taken by Phil Barber (JRC 1990-92) during demolition of the JRGS Upper Shirley Road site in 1991.

Paul Graham (JRGS 1959-66) comments: Looking along the old cycle track towards the site of the Tuck Shop. School Library (top floor; what happened to the books?); Mr. Pearman's Chemistry Laboratory (middle floor); bike shed,  etc. (ground floor). Portakabins on left. The bed in the foreground used to be a favourite place for Mr. "Joe" Lowe's bulb planting.

Return to previous page