Timeline 1923
JRGS Alumni Society

The Croydon Archives:
Timeline 192

Croydon Council home page


1923 1923 1923

On 8 January, 1923, Mr. Field examined 240 boys for entrance - and on 15 January admitted 104 of them.

Accommodation for the school was now 400.

On 1 April, there were 14 teachers and Mr. Field himself.

At the end of the year came the first official inspection.

The full report can be read here.

| << Previous | Archives Home | Next >> |

Unless otherwise indicated, all scanned images and quotes on this page are Copyright Croydon Council, and are
reproduced by permission of Croydon Local Studies Library and Archives Service.

Please send any messages and memorabilia to Alumni webmaster. Last revised: 31.12.20