Timeline 1946 - Post War
JRGS Alumni Society

The Croydon Archives:
Timeline 1946 - Post War

Croydon Council home page


1946 1946 1946

Almost a year after John Ruskin Boys' Central School become John Ruskin Grammar School in April 1945, Mr. McLeod retired.

Far left is the testimonial written into the school Log in May by the Education Committee representative, Herbert Roberts.

Mr. J. C. Lowe's years did not begin immediately, however, and the school had another Teacher-in Charge period, albeit short, under Mr. C. Myers.

But eventually this lead to the start of the J.C. Lowe years on 10 September, 1946.

| << Previous | Archives Home | Next >> |

Unless otherwise indicated, all scanned images and quotes on this page are Copyright Croydon Council, and are
reproduced by permission of Croydon Local Studies Library and Archives Service.

Please send any messages and memorabilia to Alumni webmaster. Last revised: 31.12.20